Now I love your classic lasagna as much as the next person but unfortunately if I’m trying to keep the weight off or maintain I can’t go eating those carby lasagna sheets all the time. So here is a alternative that very clean and healthy!
- Zucchinis (grab 5-7 depending on size)
- Light shredded cheese
- Lean mince meat
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can (or 1/4 bottle) of organic pasta sauce
- 2 Tablespoons light ricotta cheese
- Finely chopped onion (if desired)
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Salt +pepper ( to taste)
- Thinly slice the zucchini and cover the base of a small baking tray (or half a large baking tray)
- In a frypan cook lean mince with garlic, tomatoes, pasta sauce, ricotta cheese and salt + pepper
- Layer the meat & ricotta mix over the zucchini and repeat
- Top the last layer with some shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degree and cook for 15-25 minutes (depending on oven)
- Slice up and enjoy!
Hope you love this one!