I am the biggest banana bread lover and you haven’t lived until you have tried Nutella smothered all over it (but we are trying to be healthy here oops).
I have been experimenting with this recipe for a while now and finally I have perfected it and kept it under 200 calories a slice! Let me tell you it tastes just like the real thing my husband even thought it was naughty. Now you obviously don’t have to add the protein powder and just make a normal healthy treat or add it in for the extra benefits!
Hope you enjoy!
Makes 9 servings and approx 188 calories per serve!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 Tbls Coconut flour
- 3 scoops Vanilla protein powder (go for low carb, low fat)
- 2 tspVanilla essence
- 1/3 cup Almond meal
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 1/3 cup Agave syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mash up bananas into a paste consistency
- In a bowl add coconut flour, protein powder, almond meal ,bi-carb soda and mix together
- Then add all the wet ingredients; bananas, vanilla essence, agave syrup, almond milk, egg whites and mix together.
- Pour into a bread tin/mould (or you can even pour into muffin trays and make muffins).
- Top with sliced bananas and walnuts (if desired)
- Place in oven for 15-25 minutes (depending on the oven)
- Slice and enjoy!
Tag me in your recreations! #justanothermum