Now I know we all love a good chicken parma (said in Aussie accent). But what about all that deep fried crust you say?
No fear! I have a healthy version of your classic fave dish right here!!
- Chicken Breast or thigh
- Quinoa Flakes
- Almond Meal
- 2 eggs
- low fat ham slices
- light shredded cheese
- Salt + Pepper and Garlic Powder (if you want some extra taste in the coating)
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes (make sure it has no added salt/ sugar)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste (reduced salt)
- Veggies or salad or your choice (to eat with it)
- Cut fat off the chicken breasts and hammer it with a meat mallet until it is thinner (to tenderise)
- In a bowl mix together some almond meal and quinoa flakes along with some salt and pepper and any extra seasonings
- Dip the chicken breast into the egg and then into the dry mix
- Line a cooking tray with baking paper and spray lightly with oil of your choice (coconut oil spray is best)
- Place chicken in oven for 15 minutes at 170 degrees celsius
- Then turn chicken over and set oven for another 10 minutes
- Then in a bowl mix together tomato paste and diced tomato
- When oven is done top the chicken with the tomato mixture, 2 slices of ham and sprinkle on some light shredded cheese
- Put back in oven for another 5 minutes
- And your done! Serve with veggies and salad of your choice!
Hope you enjoy! Please tag me in your posts of this recipe!