Now I have been faced with one very fussy eater- Miss Harper. It has taken me many many failed recipes to finally get some meals she will eat that is delicious and has her protein, carbs …and tonnes of hidden veggies! INSERT EVIL LAUGH HERE
I know our kids diet can be one of the biggest stresses to us as parents. I have been sharing some of my successful baby/toddler recipes over on my insta-stories and snapchat and had an overwhelming response from mothers who tried it and that worked for them too! SO after many requests I have now decided to start a new section to my blog ‘Little’s Recipes”.
I hope you enjoy and please tag me in your recreation and any success stories!
This is my go-to meal prep for Harper I make enough of this meal to last her over a week! Now this recipe is one H will eat without a doubt (teething or not). You can make so many modifications to this recipe depending on the age and your childs individual likes. The chicken in this recipe is slow cooked because its super tender so easier for little ones to eat and H loves any slow cooked meat! Obviously you can skip that step and just cook the chicken as normal. For storage of this meal place portions into containers and freeze!
Makes approx 7-12 meals!!
(depending on childs age)
- 800g Chicken thigh OR 2-3 chicken breasts
- Chicken Stock
- 1/2 pack of Risoni Pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- Vegetables of your choice (I use broccoli, zucchini, corn, carrot)
- 1.5 -2 Jars Passata Sauce (check ingredients for no added sugar)
- Herbs of your choice (depending on how much flavour your child likes- basil, oregano, garlic)
STEP 1: Slow Cooked Chicken
- In the morning that you choose to cook this dish start getting your chicken ready!
- In a slow cooker place 2-4 chicken breasts or 800g of chicken
- Cover chicken with water and 1 cup chicken stock
- Put on low for 5-7 hours until cooked through
- Drain and shred up chicken (I use two forks)
Step 2: Prepare Vegetables
- Cut up Veggies
- Place in a steamer and steam
- When finished mash up all the vegetables together and drain any excess water
STEPH 3: Put it all together
- Boil the pasta of your choice, drain and set aside
- In a large pot add together your chicken, vegetables and pasta
- Add in your jars of passata sauce and stir
- Add in any herbs of your choice (depending on what your child likes-I tend to just add in 1/2 teaspoon parsley and oregano)
- Let it cool and place into containers and freeze -ready for dinners for the entire week!!
Obviously if you would just like to make a smaller amount of this meal reduce portions of ingredients!
Hope your little babes enjoy!