Makes 2 servings
- 3-4 Chicken Thighs (or chicken breast)
- 250g Cauliflower Rice (I get one pack from Woolworths)
- 150g Light Coconut Milk
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 2 tsp Tamari Sauce OR Soy Sauce (tamari sauce is a healthier alternative to soy sauce)
- 1 stalk Lemongrass
- 1 clove Garlic
- Snow Peas or Beans
- 1 Cube Chicken Stock/ 1 tsp
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Chilli (optional)
- Any other veggies you would like to add like capsicum, baby corn etc
- Coconut Oil
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Once water is boiling put in the cauliflower rice, Kaffir lime leaves, and if you wish to add any basmati rice add 1/4 cup. Stir once, then turn stove down to medium-low heat, cover saucepan and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Once complete take pan off heat and leave covered for another 10-15 minutes (I just leave it off heat until I’m finished the other steps). Drain and its ready to go!
- Time to prep everything! Finely chop the garlic and grate a knob of the ginger (should be about 1.5-2 tsps)
- Take outside layer from the lemongrass and push the flat side of a knife into the lemongrass (you will hear a crunching sound) to bruise the stalk, cut up snow peas and any other vegetables you wish to have (except the spinach)
- Cut chicken into strips, add a drizzle of coconut oil to the pan, once hot add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned (chicken appears white)
- Add the lemongrass, ginger and garlic to the chicken and cook for another minute, coating the chicken in the flavours
- Add in the coconut milk, chicken stock and tamari sauce and reduce heat to a simmer. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes (or until the sauce has slightly reduced)
- Throw in the vegetables and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Once done throw in two handfuls of spinach and stir until it wilts
- Discard of lemongrass and serve with the rice, and top with chopped chilli if you like!
I got this recipe inspiration from one of the amazing dishes from Hello Fresh! Such a yummy go to meal!
Let me know if you try this recipe and if you’d like me to share any other recipes with you leave a comment!