Now the real gem in this recipe is the sauce! With this coconut chilli sauce you can use it in stirfrys and as a marinade as well! I thought I would share with you the salmon as I am not usually a “fish person” but with this sauce its amazing!! I have this sauce with chicken or even on seafood it’s beautiful!
- Chopped Chilli (1/2 to 2 depending how hot you like it)
- 1 can Organic coconut milk or cream
- 2-3 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Atlantic salmon fillet
- Vegetables of your choice
- cornflour (if you would like the sauce thicker)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Chop up your choice of vegetables and drizzle with some coconut oil (or olive oil but only lightly) and salt and pepper.
- Put in oven for 25 minute
- On another tray place your salmon (if it is thick I like to cut small slits to ensure it cooks evenly)
- Once oven has finished the first 25 minutes then pop in the salmon and cook it for a further 25-30 minutes (including the vegetables)
- In a pan pour in the coconut milk, 1/2 tablespoon to 2 tablespoon of chilli (add less at first then add more if desired), crushed garlic, parsley and salt and pepper. Keep stirring the sauce until all fused together. If you would like a thicker sauce add a touch of cornflour.
- When everything is cooked pour on your sauce and your all done!
You can make this sauce in bulk and use it for chicken or prawn stirfrys! So good!